Sea Kayaking with Killer Whales (Orcinus Orca)
The San Juan Islands are considered the best place in the world to sea kayak with and observe Killer Whales (Orcinus Orca) in the wild. Our sea kayak and whale watch tours departing from the west side and north side of San Juan Island offer our guests the best opportunity to observe these whales in the wild.
Why San Juan Outfitters? Why we see whales more than any other company?
We are the only sea kayak tour company that also operates daily whale watch tours by motor vessel. As member of the Pacific Whale Watch Association (PWWA Current US President), we belong to a spotting network for whale sightings and our captains share whale information hourly with our kayak guides to increase your chances of sea kayaking with Killer Whales. We design our trips to offer our guests an amazing sea kayaking and wildlife experience regardless of Killer Whales, but your chances of seeing them are best on one of our sea kayak tours. Here are the tours that offer the best chance of seeing Killer Whales:
- 5-Hour Whale Sanctuary Tour – Departs Daily from San Juan County Park and Roche Harbor
- 5-Hour Orca/Wildlife Search – Departs Daily from Roche Harbor
- 2-day & 3-day San Juan Islands West and Northwest – Departing San Juan County Park
- Custom Day Tour – Sea Kayak with Killer Whales (Orcinus Orca)
- Custom Overnight Tour – Sea Kayak with Killer Whales (Orcinus Orca)
* Through our custom tour program, we’re happy to create a tour out of the box with an emphasis on encountering Killer Whales. We’ve run trips for guests that transect the entire length of our Southern Resident Killer Whale proposed sanctuary from Cattle Point (south end) on San Juan Island, to Roche Harbor (north end).