Job Description: Reservations Staff and Office/Reception
Hiring a customer service oriented representative to provide product/services information and undertake daily tasks for a whale watch and kayak tour company. Tasks include taking reservations by email, phone, and in person, selling tours, and communicating with fellow staff.
Engage with people from around the world and learn about one of the most unique marine ecosystems while selling educational and fun whale watch and wildlife tours and kayak tours. As the first point of contact, reservations staff set the high standard of customer service San Juan Safaris provides. Reservations staff are responsible for selling tours, checking in guests, ensuring that guests are provided all necessary information and providing support to guides and other staff members. Reservations staff oversee, support, and carry out daily operations of guided tours, hourly recreational rentals, and reservations.
The reservations staff position is an integral part of all daily processes and procedures and staff are expected to have an understanding of the functions of other coworkers and assist where necessary. Reservations staff are of upmost importance as they keep guiding staff working and are a major contributor to the overall success of the company.
Our goal is to ensure excellent service standards and maintain high customer satisfaction while working in a fun, exciting, team-oriented, and fast-paced environment.
- Effectively manage large amounts of incoming calls and emails
- Generate sales
- Operate a cash register and handle money
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction
- Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies
- Complete daily office tasks/procedures
- Directing coworkers/guests and daily operations
- Assisting guides and dock staff
- Engaging and outgoing personality
- Customer support/service experience
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Hospitality and Sales majors preferred, but not required
- Able to work long hours with some physical activity such as moving and lifting kayaks
COMPENSATION & REWARDS
Competitive pay rate of $15/hour with opportunities for overtime and performance based bonuses.
Take advantage of the Staff, Friends & Family Policy for free or discounted tours and numerous pro-deals through top rated outdoor retailers.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references (name, email, telephone, or full written reference), to Owner and Operator Brian Goodremont at email@example.com.